EICKnotes for Dec 9, 2013
Interesting stuff from today's news.
- To taper or not to taper: (NYT) vs (WSJ).
- Good article on bubble's in general (FT), also see this onion piece from 2008 (Onion). Doesn't seem like a joke now.
- Be wary of what the smart beta sellers are selling (FT)
- Seems to be a time of confrontation and riots (Thailand), (Ukraine), (Japan vs China vs S. Korea),(North Korea) and even (Singapore). Don’t they know it's the holiday season…
- Jony Ive's Secret Coffee Ritual (The Blog of Tim Ferriss)
- Heroes of the revolution (Seth Godin)
- This comes from the guy that wrote The Wire, didn't think it could get worse did you. (Guardian)
- 2014 just might be the year of the robots. (GIZmag), (NYT)
- Interesting pension consultant report on the future asset allocations. (Casey Quirk)